PhDr. Ivan Pavlovič, PhD.
WHAT I DO
I am a clinical psychologist and certified psychotherapist by profession. I have been interested in cultivating self-exploration already at my secondary school. More than thirty years of practicing martial arts and later yoga have also brought me various body and meditative experiences. Even before studying psychology, I was open to various alternative methods and ways of getting in touch with my deep being. Mainstream psychotherapies then gave my experiences better structure, understanding and verbalization. I see my psychodynamic training as a foundation to which I have gradually added other “psychotherapeutic extensions”.
Education in the Process-oriented psychology has helped me to get more in touch with my life and body processes. Seminars in the psychotherapeutic model of Virginia Satir and a training in The Systemic Constellations supported my understanding in the family and systemic-lineage processes. EMDR training and mindfulness (vipassana seminars) have brought me understanding and the ability to be more in touch with what my body and psyche are manifesting. From the beginning of this inner cultivation, I have been interested in deep contact with all layers of the Self, including my shadows. I see that being able to integrate all these layers into a complex wholeness is the path to self-acceptance, self-cultivation and deeper living of not only life and its meaning, but also functional relationships and intimacy.
With this attitude and setting I guide my clients humanly and professionally – to a fuller and more joyful relation with themselves and others.
- Clinical psychologist and certified psychodynamic psychotherapist.
- Completed training in Systemic constellations which was led by a group of psychotherapists.
- At present he is studying Psychotraumatology and finishing EMDR training. Within this approach he also attended Gear Box – therapy of early traumas via EMDR.
- For a long period he was studying and attending seminars of Process-oriented psychology and Family psychotherapy according to Virginia Satir.
- Attended a training in MDMA assisted psychotherapy for PTSD which was organized by MAPS in Holland.
- Works as professional guarantor of clinical psychology and psychotherapy for the outpatients’ department of clinical and traffic psychology and psychotherapy Môj psychológ s.r.o..
- For eleven years he worked as a clinical psychologist and psychotherapist in psychiatric (day) care center SPIRARE s.r.o. in Bratislava, where he conducted not only individual and group psychotherapy but also systemic constellations.
- Besides practice he was engaged in lecturing of psychodynamic psychology, psychotherapy, psychiatry, transpersonal psychology and other practical special subjects at Universities – UCM in Trnava, Pan-Europan University and UK in Bratislava. As a lecturer in the academic field he was also writing publications and was lecturing at scientific conferences.
- During his PhD. study at Pan-Europan University in Bratislava he was doing qualitative research of psychotherapist’s self-care.
- Lectured seminars – Introduction to Process-oriented psychology – for psychotherapists of League against cancer in Slovakia and for students of psychotherapy FSS at Masaryk University in Brno in Czech Republic.
- Worked six years as a counseling psychologist with adults, couples and families (RPPS) and within this time he attended a Training for counselors – Propaedeutic.
- Within the project PRIDE he conducted rehabilitation of families and psychological counselling program with families.
- Lectured workshop dealing with self-defense and conflict resolution for Depaul’s employees – dormitory for the homeless people.
- In the Children’s Home in Galanta he led group work focused on emotions, aggression and conflicts within self-development workshops for the home’s employees.
- In the Social Service Facility “Svetlo” in Olichov he led group and individual sessions with employees on themes: self-care, psychosocial and personal development, Balint groups, working with emotions, assertive communication and conflict resolution.
- He was an English translator and interpreter for various organizations and companies, therapeutic seminars and trainings (POP, Mensgroup – according to V. Satir).
- Co-founder of the Slovak Psychedelic Society (SAPAS).
- In addition to major psychology, he graduated also in teaching general-education subjects Psychology – English Language and Literature.
- A member of the Slovak Chamber of Psychologists (SKP) and the Slovak Psychotherapy Society (SPS).
- In personal life he is mainly involved in martial arts (certified Wing Tsun instructor), yoga and meditation (vipassana and mindfulness.
- Works in Slovak and English language.
In my work with clients, I do not work within a medical model. I don’t diagnose clients and I don’t keep electronic medical records on clients within eHealth. I do not provide health care within the meaning of Law 578/2004 Legal code.